Embedding Panoramic Earth Tours
- Get dynamic web content to improve your site.
- Full screen panoramic virtual tour images linked to interactive maps.
- Automatically updated as new locations added to t the tour in the future.
- Simple to use with a single piece of code - see example below.
- Customizable layout.
There are a few simple steps you need to take and you will soon have a unique resource running in your own site which will grow automatically as more images are added to Panoramic Earth. We also have options to embed a single virtual tour image.
How to get hold of the Tour Code
- This is available to those who have Registered with Panoramic Earth.
- Log onto the site and go to the image of interest.
- Click on the Embed button beneath the panorama, as circled in red here:
- Select the Regional Tour Embedding radial and then click on Continue
- Select the height and width you want to have on your site, wait for the code to be re-calibrated for the new settings. Then click on Select to highlight all the code
- Copy the code and drop it into your website. The code must not be altered in any way, as stated in our Terms and Conditions.
- Job done, you now have a beautiful set of virtual tours with a map displaying on your site.
It is that easy. The free version of our tours contain adverts. Costs apply to have the adverts removed as described on the Paid Regional Tours page.
Example - Embedded Tour of BournemouthWe have selected Bournemouth Town Centre as the start in this tour. Above the panorama are a series of options which allow the user to access further information about the locations featured. The other zoom and pan functions allow the viewer to continue to explore the surrounding area, and any new images loaded to Panoramic Earth from Bournemouth will also appear on this tour.
Below in blue is the code used to produce this embedded tour. This code is provided for example only so you can see how simple it is. This example code will not work in another domain, as the user key (shown in red) ties this tour to this domain. You have to register and get your own personal code for your site.
<iframe name="panearthtour" id="panearthtour" width="600" height="750" frameborder="0" src="http://www.panoramicearth.com/tour.php?key=KpsNIQ3f4yhv7Tneitwz6c2XMRGXuKq90f2a86791e910606e60a4a2ae80263f2">
This tour of Bournemouth requires iframes. If you cannot see the tour then please go to the <a href="http://www.panoramicearth.com/934/England/Bournemouth">Bournemouth page on Panoramic Earth</a>.</iframe>