Almada - FURTHER INFORMATION
Almada - Almada visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Almada' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Distrito Setubal.
This Alamada map shows various sites of interest in Almada, on the southern bank of the mouth of the Tagus River, just across from Lisbon. It is connected to Lisbon by a ferry from Cacilhas port.
Almada - Tourist attractionsAlmada is not a major tourist destination in itself, but contains a few attractions that can be of interest while visiting Lisbon. The main attractions in Almada include
- Cristo Rei - massive statue of Christ set on a hill with stunning views over the bay.
- Jardim do Castelo - small gardens with a bandstand in a residential district.
- Cacihas - Almada's Port where the frigates 'D. Fernando II' and 'Glória' are moored.
- Almada International Theatre Festival - two week theatre festival in various locations including outdoors featuring local, national and international theatre productions.
- Capuchos Monastery - monastery built in 1558 in the Caparica district with good views over Costa da Caparica.
- Costa da Caparica - small town west of Almada with several good and popular beaches.
- Parque da Paz - main municipal park in Almada.
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Flight: Lisbon International Airport
Road: Take the IP7 / E01 road south from Lisbon over the April 25th Bridge.
Metro: 2 metro lines serve Almada, but do not connect with Lisbon.
Train: Pragal Station